Off White Shoes an intimate presentation

Decorum was an afterthought, and stars indulged in outfits that prioritized color, texture, and vibrancy. In doing so, they presented an alternate view on event dressing. In true Los Angeles fashion, bands of onlookers crowded outside the beautifully renovated flagship as guests arrived, hoping to snap content of one of their favorite celebrities. It makes sense, then, that for her sixth collection-launched last week with a lookbook starring Dijon and a motley crew of New York night owls-Dijon looked to the restless creative spirit of Keith Haring. She collaborated with the late artist's estate to feature an array of his drawings inspired by club culture across jumpsuits, denim jackets, and ponchos. Keith would fly back every Sunday from wherever he was in the world to go to Paradise Garage the famous SoHo all-night discotheque.

In the course of reviewing 300-plus shows for fall 2022, we spoke to dozens of designers in order to get a grasp on the themes of the season-and not offwhiteshoeser.com just the ones that can be seen. The invasion of Ukraine recontextualized clothes that were designed in times of peace, forcing us to read, and speak, about them in new ways. At Balenciaga, Demna's anti-war stance was explicit, and based on his own experiences. Janelle Monae is one of those stars that can pull off just about any silhouette or color on the red carpet, and who better to rock this sequined and caped! Ralph Lauren gown than her, I love that it's super unconventional-and even a little futuristic-yet somehow it still reads as super glamorous. Who is on my mind when I think, What am I doing right is the girl who comes in because she doesn't know how to dress herself, Kallmeyer says. As for Fox, she's quickly becoming the reigning queen of midriff.

Now in full control of his label, which he's put on hiatus for the moment, De Vincenzo is energized by the beginning of a new cycle. While retaining his position as head of design of leather goods at Fendi, he's been working on a personal project, unveiled during Milan Fashion Week with Off White Shoes an intimate presentation. Called Superno which translates to placed on top, it involves a sophisticated take on the upcycling of vintage clothing. I think that the emphasis on conscious creativity was really consolidated during the pandemic and the social justice movements, Bolton said. And I've been really impressed by American designers' responses to the social and political climate, particularly around issues of body inclusivity and gender fluidity, and I'm just finding their work very, very self-reflective. I really do believe that American fashion is undergoing a Renaissance.