What is a Smart Tag - Sony SmartTags

At CES 2012, Sony launched a new wireless accessory that uses NFC to to instruct your smartphone to perform programmed tasks. The Smart tags showcased by Sony can be programmed to send instructions to your NFC enabled smartphone to perform series of tasks when you swipe the phone by the smart tag.<br /><br />You may call it laziness, but swiping your phone by a Sony SmartTag can turnoff your music and start your favourite app without you fiddling with the menu. Note that a Smart tag will have to be programmed with its instructions before it works. You can program smart tags to start/stop apps, activate alarm, turn on/turn off Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/GPS, etc. Smart Tags are best for automating repetitive tasks.<br /><br />According to Sony, SmartTags will be available  in Q2, 2012 for $30 (N4,800) for a set of four smart tag token.
The Truth is Out There.

Comments

• Most of my colleagues and friends suggested me to switch on it but I was very much satisfied with blackberry services, but after reading this article I am getting convinced and probably I will be using it within a month.