What is BlackBerry - A Phone or Service or OS Operating System

edited January 2012 in Mobile Phones
BlackBerry is a lot of things, not just a phone. It is a phone, a service, or an operating system. As a phone BlackBerry is the brand name given to mobile phones designed and manufactured by Research in Motion RIM, a Canadian based company. BlackBerry Service is a service that goes with the BlackBerry phone. It is the BlackBerry Service that makes the phones unique and maybe special. Without the BlackBerry Service and BlackBerry phone is just an ordinary phone, good enough for just making calls.<br /><br />BlackBerry Phones offer secure wireless connections via the BlackBerry service offered through a network operator. BlackBerry phones are great for accessing internet tools like email, instant messaging, social media, and the web while on the move. They also support enterprise solutions that enable mobile workers to access enterprise information while on the move, keeping them well informed at any time.<br /><br />BlackBerry Services currently available in Nigeria include the BlackBerry Complete, BlackBerry Social, BIS, and BES. These services can be accessed through network providers like MTN, Glo Mobile, Airtel, and Etisalat.<br /><br />One of the most popular feature on BlackBerry phones is the BlackBerry Messenger, BBM, which is a built-in social networking & instant messaging app that enable users easy and fast communications. The Pinging feature of the BBM enables users get the attention of other BBM users who have shared their BB PIN with them.<br /><br />The Operating System (OS) run by BlackBerry Phones is called the BlackBerry OS. The latest version of the OS is the BlackBerry 7 OS.<br /><br />BlackBerry Nigeria Services<br /><br />
The Truth is Out There.

Comments

• Great stuff! Thanks for sharing with us. Blackberry is one of my favourite brand. Currently i am using blackberry bold 9900 touch screen. Its just awesome and works really great for me.
  • Excellent info! BlackBerry is a smartphone that is widely used in the enterprise for its wireless email handling capability. Features like superior reception, support for remote administration and message encryption makes blackberry more popular. The first BlackBerry device, the 850, was introduced in 1999 as a two-way pager in Munich, Germany. The name BlackBerry was coined by the marketing company Lexicon Branding.
  • Blackberry has many feature which make it different from others. The great feature I love in Blackberry is Blackberry messenger which make me connected to my family and friends. <br />
  • Nice information about the Blackberry. According to me,It consists of smartphones integrated with software that enables access to a variety of data and communication services. BlackBerry smartphones allow you to stay in touch with everything that matters to you while you’re on the go. Email, phone, maps, organizer, applications, games, the Internet and more.
  • I agree with the said facts. Blackberry is the world for businessmen specially containing almost each and every features and applications regarding your business needs. I am using this technology for my professional work and am pretty much satisfied with their services.