How to check duplicate contents on my websites?

edited October 2011 in SEO
<br />    Guys give me some suggestions on how to check duplicate contents, i am interested in knowing!<br /><br />    Thanks a millions in advance...<br /><br />    Best Regards

Comments

• The actual steps used in handling duplicate contents on your websites depends on the platform you are using. Duplicate content is impossible to avoid if you are using a content management system. What you do as a webmaster is to block them from being indexed by search engines to prevent your websites being penalized for duplicate contents.<br /><br />The strategy to use is to block those duplicate contents using your robot.txt file.<br /><br />For example we use the following command to block some duplicate contents on this website.<br /><br />Disallow: /*.msg<br /><br />This tells all search engines to ignore urls with msg in them. Note that this is just one line in our robot. txt file. Our robot.txt has has over 10 such lines mostly blocking duplicate and useless contents that we do not want search engines to index.<br /><br />Note that the commands you use depends on the CMS (Content Management System) you are using. So when asking such questions it is best to include your platform. If you are using Blogger, you do not need to worry about duplicate contents, since Blogger blocks duplicate contents on your websites automatically.
    The Truth is Out There.
  • There are so many tools available on google to check duplicate content.
  • There are so many free tools available over internet. Just fine out and start to use.<br /><br />1- Copyscape - Best free tool for checking duplicate content.
  • Use copyscape. Its fast, cheap and also the industry standard.
  • By using Copyscape, we can check out the duplicate content.