How to make money from blogging in Nigeria - blogs Tips

edited January 2012 in Blogging
Recently a member at Google Baraza asked for tips on how to make money from blogging in Nigeria. I provided an answer. That answer, I have modified and will now share with this forum. The truth is that blogging is universal, so bloggers in Nigeria make money the way bloggers in other countries do. Here are my tips for making money blogging. Here I have focused on building traffic as that is what is important. To make money from blogging you need to build traffic to your blog. In blogging there is no food for a lazy man. Here are my tips for making money blogging.<br /><br />1) Blog about an area you are vast in. i.e. your blog should tap from your knowledge and experience, something that you can do without much effort. Blogging about a familiar topic will also prevent you from copying other people.<br /><br />2.) Focus your blog on a theme. i.e. your blog must be targeted to a specific area. Do not start an any-thing-goes blog. You should be able to describe your blog in one sentence.<br /><br />3.) Know your keywords. Since you have focused your blogging to a theme, find keywords that are relevant to the theme of your blog and write articles that make use of such keywords. In case you do not know, keywords are terms people use when they search on search engines.<br /><br />4.) Every Page must have a purpose and focus on one, two or three keywords. When blogging an article, ask yourself, If I am looking for information contained in this article, what search terms would I have used. You can also ask your friends, which keywords they would have used. Then write your article in such a way as to include those keywords in your article with out disrupting the flow or losing meaning.<br /><br />5.) Make sure you register your blog in search engines using webmaster tools. I recommend Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Submit your sitemap via the webmaster tools.<br /><br />6.) Open Twitter and Facebook page for your Blog.<br /><br />7.) Register with Blog Directories Like Technorati and Afrigator.<br /><br />8.) In the first 6 months post something new once everyday or at least 5 times a week. Thereafter, blogging three times a week will be okay, but blogging a fresh post daily is ideal. Post quality, keyword-rich and targeted contents. Search engines love content. Give them good content today and they will come back for more tomorrow. The more they love your blog, the more traffic you get.<br /><br />9.) Make a success of one blog before opening another one. Focus all your effort on one blog. Having lots of blogs all in their infancy stage is very demanding and you may not be able cope. Note that one blog can make more money than ten blogs. What actually counts is traffis, not the number of blogs.<br /><br />10.) Register with Adsense or other advertising network, copy and paste the Ad units on your blog.<br /><br />11.) If you use Adsense to monetise, never click on your Adsense Ads or violate any of its terms and conditions. I know people whose Adsense accounts have been closed with the income they earned for violating its terms. Although you can still be kicked out for doing nothing. Just try your best.<br /><br />12.) Do not copy other people's work. Copying other people's work is very easy and may even favour you in the short term, but in the long run your bubble will eventually burst. It also deprive you the opportunity of being an authority or a guru in what you do. Sooner than later everyone will know you are a cheat.<br /><br />13.) Analyse your site using Google webmaster and Google Analytics tool.<br /><br />14.) Read, Read, Read. There are lots of information about blogging, SEO, social media, Adsense, Ad placement, etc on the web search Google with any of those keywords to read more<br /><br />15.) And so on.<br /><br />Making money from blogging is all about traffic new bloggers should focus on building traffic and less on making money. Build traffic to your blog and money will follow. Building traffic takes time, but with hardwork, persistence and the passion for what you do, you will eventually succeed. Most of the steps provided above are all aimed at building traffic.<br /><br />That was my answer. You can follow me on Google Baraza.<br /><br />Get more info on How to Make Money Blogging Online.
The Truth is Out There.

Comments